Potato and leek soup is very delicious, comforting, easy and quick to prepare. You will have a delicious dish with a supreme texture and flavor, with ingredients that we usually have at home.
What is potato leek soup?
Potato and leek soup is a mixture of potatoes, leeks, spices and boiled cream; which is then blended to obtain a very smooth and creamy cream.
You can additionally vary it and add chicken or cheese; even for those who prefer to eat vegan this soup can be prepared without cream (replaced by vegetable broth), just the vegetables and it is very delicious.
How make potato leek soup?
It is very easy, just fry the vegetables (leeks, garlic and celery) with olive oil and butter, until they are soft.
Then add the potatoes with chicken or vegetable broth and cream until they are tender; then blend them and we obtain this creamy and delicious soup.
The best for you!
This season your guests will be surprised with this soup and they will love it. Prepare it and add your favorite ingredients, such as bacon, chicken or cheese as in this case, spoil yourself with a delicious soup, join us!
Potato Leek Soup Recipe
Total preparation time: 1 Hour
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 4 Medium potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 3 Leeks, thinly sliced
- 3 Celery stalks chopped
- 4 Cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 Cups chicken broth
- 1 Teaspoon oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1-1/2 Cups heavy cream
- Grated mozzarella cheese (optional)
- Freshly chopped cilantro
- In a hot pot, add the oil and butter over medium heat. Add the potatoes, leeks and celery. Cook, stirring until leeks are tender, 6 to 8 minutes. Add the garlic and cook, stirring until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Stir in chicken broth, oregano, salt and pepper to taste. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, uncovered, until potatoes are tender, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Blend the soup with a blender (Remove the top insert from the lid and cover with a kitchen towel) or with a hand blender. Puree until smooth.
- Add to the pot, stir in the cream and cook over medium-low heat, stirring, until the soup thickens slightly, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Adjust the salt and pepper in the soup to taste.
- Serve your soup, top with cheese and chopped fresh cilantro. Enjoy!
LET US KNOW WHAT YOU THINK!
Did we miss any information? Are you excited to try this recipe? Leave a comment down below telling us your thoughts and what recipes you would like to see next.
THE BEST RECIPES!
Here you can see other delicious recipes to prepare and share!
KNOW SOMEONE WHO SHOULD READ THIS?
Share this piece with your friends across all social media platforms! Don't forget to tag @ZulayKitchen and #kitchenhappiness!