Pumpkin and Cheese Soup Recipe
Rich and Tasty, This Easy Pumpkin and Cheese Soup Recipe Will Keep You Warm and Satisfied
Winter has arrived so here’s how to make a simple pumpkin and cheese soup that guarantees you comfort and tastiness! Follow this simple recipe that will not only warm your hungry belly, but will also make your tastebuds sing and dance with flavour.
Fun fact: adding apple cubes and sage leaves to the soup would add an extra pop of delicious flavour.
Pumpkin and Cheese Soup
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
Total time: 1 hour
- 1 whole pumpkin
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter (melted)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 large onion (peeled and chopped)
- 2 large carrots (peeled and shredded)
- 2 celery stalks (chopped)
- 4 ½ cups of vegetable broth
- 1 garlic clove (peeled and minced)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¾ cup plus 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 ½ cups shredded white cheddar cheese (separate the one cup and the half)
- 6 tablespoons dry white wine
- ⅓ cup fresh parsley (minced)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Cut the top off the pumpkin and reserve it. Scoop out and discard the seeds and brush the inside with melted butter. Place the top back and set the pumpkin on a foil-lined baking sheet. Bake for about 45 minutes until tender and easily pierced with a fork.
- Meanwhile, in a soup pot, heat 2 tablespoons of water. Add the onion, carrots and celery and cook for 10 minutes until vegetables soften. Add the broth, garlic, salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Cover and let it simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove it from the heat and let it cool slightly. Puree the vegetable mixture (plus apple cubes, if desired) in a blender or food processor. Pour back into the soup pot and stir in all the milk. Reheat gently and add 1 cup of cheese and the wine. Heat until the cheese melts while frequently stirring.
- Place the hot pumpkin on a serving platter and ladle out the soup. Sprinkle the parsley on top.
- While serving, scoop a little bit of pumpkin into each serving and top it off with the remaining cheese. Garnish with sage leaves, if desired.
If you liked this recipe, here’s a few others we guarantee you will love!
Give us your thoughts and share pictures of the meal you made!
Is there anything we missed? Are you looking forward to trying this yummy recipe? Leave a comment below giving us your thoughts and which recipes you would like to enjoy next.
Know someone who would like this recipe?
Don’t hold back! Share this recipe with your family and friends across all social media platforms! Don’t forget to tag @ZulayKitchen and remember, we guarantee #kitchenhappiness!