Cauliflower And Cheese Cream
- 8 Crushed garlic cloves
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 5-6 Cups cauliflower florets
- 6-7 Cups vegetable broth
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 Cup milk
- 1/4 Cup heavy cream
- 1 Cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 Cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring the vegetable stock to a boil in a large pot. Add the cauliflower and cook, covered, for 7-10 minutes or until the cauliflower is tender when pierced.
- Use a skimmer to transfer the cauliflower pieces to a large bowl; reserve 1 cup of the cooking broth.
- Sauté the crushed garlic with the butter and olive oil in a saucepan over low heat. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until the garlic is soft and fragrant, add the milk and heavy cream, bring to a boil. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Add that milk mixture to the cauliflower and blend or puree for several minutes until the cream is very smooth, adding broth (from cooking) until you get the desired consistency.
- Add the mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese and season with salt and pepper to taste. Blend well.
- Serve hot. If the cream starts to look dry, add a few drops of water, milk or olive oil. Enjoy!
LET US KNOW WHAT YOU THINK!
Did we miss any information? Are you excited to try this recipe? Leave a comment down below telling us your thoughts and what recipes you would like to see next.
KNOW SOMEONE WHO SHOULD READ THIS?
Share this piece with your friends across all social media platforms! Don't forget to tag @ZulayKitchen and #kitchenhappiness!