Pumpkin Meringue Pie
Pumpkin pie is a traditional and delicious dessert, it is very easy to prepare and there are many versions and all of them are delicious.
This time we present you an incredible pie with a soft and creamy pumpkin filling, topped with slightly crunchy meringue that takes this dessert to another level. Undoubtedly an excellent option for Thanksgiving and anytime.
TOTAL PREPARATION TIME: 3 Hour 20 minutes
For the crust:
- 250g Flour
- 125g Cold butter in cubes
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 2 Tablespoons of water
- 1 Egg yolk
For the filling:
- 3 Eggs
- 2 Cups pumpkin puree
- 1 Cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 Teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla
- Pinch of salt
For the meringue:
- 4 Large egg whites
- 1/2 Cup granulated sugar
- 2 Teaspoon cornflour
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a bowl, put the flour, salt, sugar, and cold butter in small cubes, and rub with your fingers until it looks like breadcrumbs. Pour cold water and egg yolk, mix and join with your hands to form a dough.
- Then we shape it into a disk, wrap and refrigerate it for at least 2 hours before stretching and kneading.
- Next, flour the work surface, and roll out the dough to a thickness of 6 mm.
- Lightly flour a 7-inch tart pan and place the dough in the pan pressing to secure it. Store the mold with the dough in the refrigerator while preparing the filling.
- Preheat the oven to 392 °F.
- In a bowl, add the pumpkin puree, condensed milk, eggs, spices, vanilla, and salt and mix very well. Pour the filling into the crust.
- Bake the tart for 10 minutes at 392 °F, then reduce the oven temperature to 374 °F and bake for 35 to 40 minutes more until the pumpkin filling is firm but looser in the center.
- For the meringue: beat the egg whites until stiff, then gradually fold in the sugar, vanilla and cornmeal until thick and glossy. Top the warm pumpkin pie with the meringue mixture, swirling with the end of a teaspoon. Bake for 15-20 minutes until crisp. Let cool completely before removing the pie from the pan to slice. Serve and enjoy!
LET US KNOW WHAT YOU THINK!
Did we miss any information? Are you excited to try this recipe? Leave a comment down below telling us your thoughts and what recipes you would like to see next.
THE BEST RECIPES!
Here you can see other delicious recipes to prepare and share!
KNOW SOMEONE WHO SHOULD READ THIS?
Share this piece with your friends across all social media platforms! Don't forget to tag @ZulayKitchen and #kitchenhappiness!