Twice baked potatoes! These potatoes are a delight and my family loves them, we eat them as a side dish for dinner and they are spectacular, they combine very well with any protein. Honestly, as delicious as they are, even on their own they are great!
This recipe is great, you take a common potato to a perfection of flavors and textures; the potato skin becomes crispy and is filled with creamy mashed potatoes, lots of cheese, bacon and garnished with fresh chives. I particularly add mozzarella and cheddar cheese to make the filling even more delicious. The potatoes are baked twice, once to cook the potato and make the inside soft, and once to gratinate after the stuffing.
This dish is worth preparing, you will see that your family will love it. Join us!
Twice Baked Potatoes Recipe
EASY, CREAMY AND VERY DELICIOUS!
- 4 Large potatoes
- 10 Slices of bacon
- 1 Cup sour cream
- ½ Cup milk
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 Cup mozzarella cheese
- 2 Cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 Cup chopped green onion
- 1 Tablespoon chopped green onions for garnish
- Olive oil
- Wash and dry the potatoes well, prick each potato in several places with the tines of a fork.
- Place them on a baking sheet and drizzle the potatoes with a little olive oil.
- Bake the potatoes at 350°F (175°C) for 1 hour.
- Place the bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat until evenly browned. Drain, crumble and set aside.
- When the potatoes are done, let them cool for 10 minutes. Cut the potatoes in half lengthwise and scoop out the flesh into a large bowl; save the skins.
- Add sour cream, milk, butter, garlic, 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, mozzarella cheese, green onions, salt and pepper to taste to potato pulp; mix until integrated and creamy.
- Spoon the mixture into the potato skins. Top each with the remaining cheddar cheese, green onions and bacon.
- Bake for another 15 minutes, remove and serve. Enjoy!
LET US KNOW WHAT YOU THINK!
Did we miss any information? Are you excited to try this recipe? Leave a comment down below telling us your thoughts and what recipes you would like to see next.
THE BEST RECIPES!
Here you can see other delicious recipes to prepare and share!
KNOW SOMEONE WHO SHOULD READ THIS?
Share this piece with your friends across all social media platforms! Don't forget to tag @ZulayKitchen and #kitchenhappiness!