For the dough:
- 250g Flour
- 125g Cold butter in cubes
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 2 Tablespoons of water
- 1 Egg yolk
For the filling:
- 2 Cups Pumpkin puree
- 3 Large eggs
- 1/2 Cup brown sugar
- 3/4 Cup Evaporated milk
- 3/4 Tsp Cinnamon powder
- 1/8 Tsp Ground cloves
- 1/8 Tsp Salt
- 1 and 1/2 tsp Fresh grated ginger zest
- To begin, add the flour, sugar and salt in a food processor (the dough can also be made by hand).
- Then add the cold butter, egg yolk and water to the food processor all at once, beating until the dough is just blended (it should look like a lumpy mass).
- Then, by hand, we shape it into a disk, wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before stretching and kneading.
- Next, flour the work surface, knead and roll out the dough to a thickness of 6 mm.
- Lightly flour a 7-inch tart pan and place the dough in the pan pressing to secure it. Store the mold with the dough in the refrigerator while preparing the filling.
- Preheat the oven to 200 °C.
- Beat the pumpkin puree, brown sugar, eggs, evaporated milk, ginger, cinnamon, cloves and salt. Pour this mixture into the previously cooled cake.
- Bake the tart in the oven for 10 minutes at 200 °C, then reduce the oven temperature to 190 °C and bake for 35 to 40 minutes more until the pumpkin filling is firm but looser in the center.
- Let the pie cool to room temperature, then let it cool completely for about 4 hours before serving. Enjoy!
LET US KNOW WHAT YOU THINK!
Did we miss any information? Are you excited to try this recipe? Leave a comment down below telling us your thoughts and what recipes you would like to see next.
KNOW SOMEONE WHO SHOULD READ THIS?
Share this piece with your friends across all social media platforms! Don't forget to tag @ZulayKitchen and #kitchenhappiness!