Chicken Tikka Masala! You won't be able to stop preparing this delicious version of this irresistible chicken recipe.
You will love this amazing recipe, it is chicken pieces cooked in a delicious sauce made with tomato, cream, garlic, onion and spices. This combination makes this dish perfect, full of aromas, textures and flavors that reflect tradition. Ideal for lunch or dinner, accompany it with white rice, join us!
- 1 Kilo boneless, skinless chicken thighs cut into small pieces
- 1/2 Cup plain yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon crushed garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped ginger
- 1 Teaspoons garam masala
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 3 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 1 Large onion, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons crushed garlic
- 1 Tablespoon finely grated ginger
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons garam masala
- 1 Teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 Teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 Teaspoon ground coriander
- 14 oz (400 g) Tomato puree (tomato sauce/Passata)
- 1 Teaspoon ground red chili powder
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 Cups heavy cream
- 1 Teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 Cup water if needed
- 4 Tablespoons fresh cilantro for garnish
- In a bowl, combine the chicken with the yogurt, garlic, ginger, garam masala and salt; let stand for 30 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken pieces in batches and fry until golden brown, about 3 minutes per side.
- Melt the butter in the same skillet. Fry the onions until soft (about 3 minutes) while scraping up any browned bits stuck to the bottom of the pan.
- Add the garlic, ginger and sauté for 1 minute until fragrant; then add the garam masala, cumin, turmeric and coriander. Fry for about 20 seconds until fragrant, stirring occasionally.
- Pour in the tomato puree, chili powder, sugar and salt. Simmer for about 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally until the sauce thickens and turns a deep reddish-brown color.
- Add cream and chicken to skillet; cook for 8-10 minutes more until chicken is cooked through and sauce has thickened. Pour in water to thin the sauce, if necessary.
- Garnish with cilantro, serve with hot rice and enjoy!
LET US KNOW WHAT YOU THINK!
Did we miss any information? Are you excited to try this recipe? Leave a comment down below telling us your thoughts and what recipes you would like to see next.
THE BEST RECIPES!
Here you can see other delicious recipes to prepare and share!
KNOW SOMEONE WHO SHOULD READ THIS?
Share this piece with your friends across all social media platforms! Don't forget to tag @ZulayKitchen and #kitchenhappiness!
Leave a comment
All comments are moderated before being published.