Poached Pears In Red Wine Recipe
- 2 Cups of red wine
- 4 Pears with stem, peeled
- 1/2 Cup sugar
- 1 Cinnamon stick
- Zest of half a lemon
- Juice of half an orange
- 4 Cloves
- Place red wine, cinnamon, lemon zest and cloves in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer gently for 5 more minutes.
- Add the pears, orange juice and sugar. Partially cover the pot and reduce the heat to low; cook for 1 hour until the pears are soft.
- Carefully remove the pears from the pot and arrange them on a platter.
- Strain the wine and return it to the pot. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat until it reaches the consistency of a thick syrup.
- Pour the red wine syrup over the pears. Serve the pears hot or cold and you can accompany them with whipped cream or creamy natural yogurt, enjoy!
LET US KNOW WHAT YOU THINK!
Did we miss any information? Are you excited to try this recipe? Leave a comment down below telling us your thoughts and what recipes you would like to see next.
KNOW SOMEONE WHO SHOULD READ THIS?
Share this piece with your friends across all social media platforms! Don't forget to tag @ZulayKitchen and #kitchenhappiness!