Lemon Candied-Ginger Muffins
Light and fluffy lemon ginger muffins, with fresh ginger and lemon zest, and lemon juice that offer bright flavor to tender muffins for a perfect breakfast on the go! Be sure to use the Zulay Kitchen Lemon Lime Squeezer!
We got this delicious recipe courtesy of our friends Waltz of the Flours
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup vegan sugar
- 1 TBSP lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 TBSP melted vegan butter
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 cup vegan sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 flax egg (1 TBSP ground flax mixed with 3 TBSP cold water, left to thicken in fridge for at least 5 minutes)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup lemon zest
- 3/4 cup candied ginger, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line 12 cups of a muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, lemon zest, and salt.
- Add melted butter, and mix in–first with the whisk, and then with your hands until mixture forms small crumbles. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together canola oil, sugar, lemon juice, and flax egg. Set aside.
- In a larger bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, and lemon zest.
- Mix candied ginger into flour mixture.
- Make a well in the center of the flour mixture, and pour the wet ingredients into it.
- Whisk just until combined–don’t worry about the batter being a bit lumpy.
- Distribute batter evenly between muffin cups, leaving about 1/4 inch of space at the top of each one.
- Sprinkle streusel on top of each cup of batter.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 22-25 minutes, or until a toothpick or knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in the trays for five minutes; then transfer to a cooling rack if desired.