Gluten-Free Apple Pie
Gluten-Free Apple Pie! Is a real treat, its crispy gluten-free crust, soft filling, rich sweet and citrusy flavor, and something really delicious is the aroma of the apples with the spices, Tasty!
BEST APPLES FOR APPLE PIE
Pink Lady: This apple is very delicious, with a sour and sweet taste; it also has a nice color.
Granny Smith: This is a standard baking apple, it has a tart flavor and is crisp. You can mix it with sweeter apples to have a balance of both in your dessert.
Honeycrisp: Sweet and are used in desserts (pie) for their firm texture and sweet flavor. Very delicious!
Jonagold: They are a good mix of sweet and sour, their flesh is firm, an excellent choice for baking.
HOW DO YOU THICKEN APPLE PIE FILLING WITHOUT FLOUR?
Cornstarch is a great ingredient for thickening without using flour, it does not change the flavor of your preparation and gives a nice texture.
GLUTEN-FREE APPLE PIE
Total preparation time: 2 hours
- 6-8 Tablespoons ice water
- 1-3/4 Cups gluten-free flour blend
- 1 Cup almond flour
- Pinch of salt
- 3 Tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 3/4 Sticks of cold unsalted butter cut into small cubes.
For pie filling:
- 6 Medium apples, peeled, cored and sliced.
- 3 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 Cup powdered sugar
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/4 Teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground ginger
- Pinch of salt
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 Beaten egg
- Sift together the gluten-free flour, almond flour, salt and powdered sugar.
- Add the butter and mix with the flour until all the butter pieces are coated with it. With your hands, pinch the butter pieces and the flour until you get a mixture that resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add ice water 2 tablespoons at a time, and mix the cake batter with a fork until it comes together.
- Divide the cake dough into two halves and form a disk with each half, wrap it in cling film and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- In a bowl, combine the chopped apples, lemon juice, powdered sugar, spices and salt.
- Mix well and place in a colander over a bowl. Allow excess liquid from the filling to drain in the bowl for at least 1 hour.
- Transfer the liquid to a small saucepan with the butter. Cook over medium-high heat until caramelized. Set aside.
- Sprinkle the cornstarch over the pie filling and mix everything together until the cornstarch is evenly distributed.
- Remove a disk of pie dough from the refrigerator and roll it out into a circle about 3 mm thick. The tart dough circle should be larger than the tart pan. Transfer the tart dough to the tart pan and shape it to fit snugly around the sides of the pan.
- Spoon the apple pie filling into the pan. Drizzle the caramelized syrup evenly over the filling.
- Stretch the other disk of pie dough and use it to form a lattice or pie crust over the filling. Crimp the edges or cut off excess pie dough and decorate the edges with a fork. Freeze the prepared pie for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200 ºC (390 ºF). Brush the lattice or top of the tart base with the beaten egg and sprinkle lightly with powdered sugar.
- Bake the tart at 200 ºC (390 ºF) for 20 minutes and then reduce the oven temperature to 190 ºC (375 ºF) and bake for 20 minutes more, or until golden brown on top.
- Let cool and enjoy!
LET US KNOW WHAT YOU THINK!
Did we miss any information? Are you excited to try this recipe? Leave a comment down below telling us your thoughts and what recipes you would like to see next.
THE BEST RECIPES!
Here you can see other delicious recipes to prepare and share!
KNOW SOMEONE WHO SHOULD READ THIS?
Share this piece with your friends across all social media platforms! Don't forget to tag @ZulayKitchen and #kitchenhappiness!