Easy Thanksgiving Turkey
Thanksgiving Turkey! Delicious, easy and perfect turkey for Thanksgiving dinner!
Turkey is the traditional protagonist of Thanksgiving and this recipe allows you to have a juicy turkey, browned on the outside and needless to say, how tasty it is!
TOTAL PREPARATION TIME: 4 Hours 20 Minutes
- 1 12-20 pound turkey
- 300 gr unsalted butter , softened
- 10 Cloves of crushed garlic
- 1 Large bunch of fresh thyme
- 1 Lemon juice and lemon zest
- 1 Lemon cut into slices
- 1 Onion cut into pieces
- 1 Carrot cut into pieces
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 Cup vegetable broth
- 1 Cup of white wine
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix butter, thyme leaves, lemon juice, lemon zest, crushed garlic, and a little salt. Reserve at room temperature.
- Wash the turkey thoroughly and dry it well (inside and out). Heat the oven to 374 F (190°C).
- Spread butter inside the cavities of the turkey. Use your hand to gently lift the skin off the turkey breast, then fill the space between the skin and the meat with the herb butter.
- Place the onion, carrot, and lemon slices inside the turkey cavity.
- Rub the turkey skin with olive oil, salt, and pepper, tuck the wings under the turkey and tie the legs together with kitchen twine. Place the turkey on a baking sheet.
- Place the turkey in the oven and bake at 320 F (160°C) for 2 and a half hours. Cover the already browned parts of the turkey with aluminum foil to prevent them from browning too much.
- Bake for 1 ½ hour more, check the temperature of the turkey by inserting a thermometer into the thigh, the minimum internal temperature should be 165 F (73 °C).
- Once the time has elapsed and this temperature has been reached (between 155 F -160 F or 68 °C-73 °C) remove the turkey from the oven and let it rest.
- For the sauce, remove the turkey from the baking pan, add 1 cup of white wine and bake at the same temperature for a few minutes to evaporate the alcohol. Remove from the oven and place in a pot with a half cup of vegetable bouillon, cook until the sauce is reduced (thickened), and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve your delicious turkey with its rich sauce along with the side dish of your choice. Enjoy!
LET US KNOW WHAT YOU THINK!
Did we miss any information? Are you excited to try this recipe? Leave a comment down below telling us your thoughts and what recipes you would like to see next.
THE BEST RECIPES!
Here you can see other delicious recipes to prepare and share!
KNOW SOMEONE WHO SHOULD READ THIS?
Share this piece with your friends across all social media platforms! Don't forget to tag @ZulayKitchen and #kitchenhappiness!