Easy Banana Pudding Recipe
- 4 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1/4 cup of sugar (or if you prefer, just use the bananas to sweeten)
- 1/3 cup cornflour
- 5 large egg yolks, beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 5 ripe bananas.
- Heat 4 cups of the milk and 3 mashed bananas in a large saucepan over medium heat until steaming.
- Mix the sugar, corn starch and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a large bowl. Whisk in the egg yolks and the remaining 1/2 cup milk.
- Whisk half of the hot milk into the egg mixture until smooth, then gradually whisk the egg-milk mixture into the pan. Cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, until the mixture boils. Continue to whisk until it has thickened to a puddinglike consistency, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract.
- Cool slightly, stirring a few times to prevent a skin from forming. Place a piece of plastic wrap directly on top of the pudding and refrigerate until completely cooled and thickened, about 4 hours.
- One hour before serving, whisk the pudding vigorously until smooth and creamy. Gently fold in 3/4 of the sliced bananas. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour. Spoon the pudding into six to eight individual cups and top with the remaining banana slices.