Looking for new ways to spice up your iced coffee? Check out this super easy Vietnamese Iced Coffee recipe! This recipe is all types of refreshing with a cool frothy twist using our electric milk frother! See how to make Vietnamese Iced Coffee and learn more about the coffee drink!
This delicious recipe is from our friend on Instagram @hungryjayqualin!
What's Different About Vietnamese Coffee?
The main difference between American iced coffee and Vietnamese iced coffee (also called Cà Phê Sữa Đá) is how the coffee is brewed. Vietnamese coffee is brewed using a Phin filter. Coffee and hot water are added to the filter causing coffee drops to drip through the filter into your glass. This way of brewing creates a stronger brew and taste, but the use of condensed milk helps to sweeten the coffee. You can brew whatever type of Vietnamese coffee you'd like, but typically a darker roast is used.
Vietnamese Iced Coffee Recipe
- 1 Coffee Phin Filter
- 2 tbsp of condensed milk
- 2 tbsp of Vietnamese coffee of your choice
- 4 tbsp of hot water
- 1 cup of ice
- Pour condensed milk into a cup.
Place your Phin filter over the cup and then add your Vietnamese coffee to your filter.
- Pour hot water in the Phin filter and press on the filter gently to compress the coffee.
- Wait about 5 minutes for the coffee to finish drip brewing, then remove the filter
- Optional: Place the cup in the refrigerator for 10 minutes to cool down.
- Stir the mix with the Milk Boss Milk Frother for best results.
- Slowly pour the coffee over your cup of ice.
- Serve and enjoy!
Here's a video of how to make Vietnamese Iced Coffee!
Kitchen Products Used:
Check Out These Other Tasty Drink Recipes:
Let Us Know What You Think!
Did we miss any information? Are you excited to try this recipe? Leave a comment down below telling us your thoughts and what recipes you would like to see next!
Know Someone Who Should Read This?
Share this piece with your friends across all social media platforms! Don't forget to tag @ZulayKitchen and #kitchenhappiness!