Vegetable soup! What a delight to enjoy a comforting vegetable soup! It is very healthy, delicious, easy to prepare and ideal for any time.
Vegetable-based soups are an excellent choice from a nutritional standpoint, as they combine a high density of nutrients from vegetables, including vitamins and minerals, with relatively few calories.So people who do not consume a lot of vegetables in their daily diet, either because they do not like them or because of their dietary style, will find it very helpful to consume them in this way.
IS VEGETABLE SOUP VEGAN?Yes, it's a healthy vegan meal, great for cool fall and winter days. This recipe is flexible and perfect as you can use whatever vegetables you have on hand!
WHAT HERBS ARE GOOD FOR VEGETABLE SOUP?In my opinion, oregano, parsley, cilantro, bay leaf and chives give a delicious flavor and aroma to this type of soup. You can play a little with the combination, in this recipe we recommend a very delicious option.
HOW TO MAKE VEGETABLE SOUP?Very easy! Here we give you the step by step on how to prepare it. Basically it is the cooking of certain types of vegetables in broth or water and flavored with herbs and spices. Very delicious, join us!
VEGETABLE SOUP RECIPE
SERVINGS: 6-7 servings
- 1 Onion, diced
- 2 Celery sticks, diced
- 2 Carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 Potatoes, diced
- 1 Can tomatoes, diced
- 5 Crushed garlic cloves
- 1 Teaspoon of dried oregano
- 5 Cups of vegetable broth
- 2 Bay leaves
- 1 Cup chopped green beans
- 1 Zucchini, chopped
- 1 Can of chickpeas
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- In a large pot over medium heat, add the oil, onion, carrot, celery, potato, salt and pepper, stir and cook for 8-10 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for about 2 more minutes, then add the canned tomatoes, oregano, broth and bay leaves. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer and cook, covered, for 20 minutes.
- Stir in the green beans, zucchini and chickpeas, and cover and cook 15 minutes more, until the green beans are tender (check that all vegetables are tender).
- Adjust salt and pepper to taste, add the cilantro and serve. Enjoy!
LET US KNOW WHAT YOU THINK!
Did we miss any information? Are you excited to try this recipe? Leave a comment down below telling us your thoughts and what recipes you would like to see next.
THE BEST RECIPES!
Here you can see other delicious recipes to prepare and share!
KNOW SOMEONE WHO SHOULD READ THIS?
Share this piece with your friends across all social media platforms! Don't forget to tag @ZulayKitchen and #kitchenhappiness!