Some dishes evoke memories of childhood or a special season and this pumpkin cake does just that, with all the aromas of pumpkin spice, cinnamon, and of course the pumpkin.
Our senses are activated and we begin to enjoy it even before taking the first bite of this delicious autumn cake.
This cake is a real treat, it is very easy to prepare and the texture is very special. Not enough with all these attributes and we add an incredible cream cheese frosting, soft, creamy, and with a very subtle flavor to not overshadow our pumpkin cake. Join us!
- 3 Eggs
- 1 1/2 Cups granulated sugar
- 1 Cup oil
- 15 Oz pumpkin puree, canned
- 2 Cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Teaspoon baking soda
- 2 Teaspoons baking powder
- 1 Teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 Teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/8 Teaspoon salt
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 8 Ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 ¼ Cups powdered sugar
- 1/3 Cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 Teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease a 9×13-inch baking pan. Set aside.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice into a large bowl. Set aside.
- Whisk together the oil, eggs, sugar, pumpkin, and vanilla extract until blended.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Spread the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 30-36 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow cooling completely.
- For the frosting: in a large bowl, beat the cream cheese until creamy. Gradually add the powdered sugar and mix. Pour in the cream, vanilla and beat for 1 minute more until creamy. Chill covered until ready to frost the cake.
- When the cake is completely cool, cover it with the frosting, serve and enjoy!
LET US KNOW WHAT YOU THINK!
Did we miss any information? Are you excited to try our Pumpkin Cake Recipe? Leave a comment down below telling us your thoughts and what recipes you would like to see next.
THE BEST RECIPES!
Here you can see other delicious recipes to prepare and share!
KNOW SOMEONE WHO SHOULD READ THIS?
Share this Pumpkin Cake Recipe with your friends across all social media platforms! Don't forget to tag @ZulayKitchen, #kitchenhappiness and #Pumpkincake!