OUR ZULAY KITCHEN HUMMUS DIP THAT'S PERFECT FOR ANY OCCASION!
This incredible creamy hummus dip is so delicious that you will always want to prepare it for your celebrations or just to have it ready as a dip in your everyday life. This homemade hummus dip is so easy to prepare and its flavor and aroma are so perfect thanks to the combination of cumin, lemon, tahini, paprika, and the star ingredient which is the chickpeas. Without a doubt, it will always be a safe option to share and triumph in your celebrations; an excellent hummus dip to enjoy with whatever you like!
TOTAL PREPARATION TIME: 50 minutes
- 1/4 Cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 Cup tahini
- 1 Crushed garlic clove
- 2 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground cumin
- 2-3 Tablespoons water
- 1-½ Cups (250 grams) chickpeas
- Salt to taste
- Dash ground paprika for serving
- Put the chickpeas in a medium saucepan with the baking soda. Cover the chickpeas with water and bring the mixture to a boil over high heat. Cook for about 20 minutes, or until the chickpeas look puffy, their skins are falling off and they are quite soft. Drain and set aside.
- Add the olive oil, crushed garlic, cumin, 1/2 teaspoon salt, tahini, and lemon juice to a food processor and blend for 30 seconds, scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl, then process another 30 seconds or until well blended.
- Add half of the chickpeas to the processor and blend for 1 minute. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl, add the remaining chickpeas, and process until thick and fairly smooth; 1 to 2 minutes.
- Slowly add 2 to 3 tablespoons of water until the perfect consistency is achieved. Rectify salt if necessary.
- Serve the hummus with a drizzle of olive oil and a pinch of paprika. Enjoy!
LET US KNOW WHAT YOU THINK!
Did we miss any information? Are you excited to try our hummus recipe? Leave a comment down below telling us your thoughts and what recipes you would like to see next.
THE BEST RECIPES!
Here you can see other delicious recipes to prepare and share!
KNOW SOMEONE WHO SHOULD READ THIS?
Share this hummus dip recipe with your friends across all social media platforms! Don't forget to tag @ZulayKitchen, #kitchenhappiness and #hummusdip