Caramel sauce is not only delicious but also allows you to create various recipes based on it, such as coffees and desserts.
It is also ideal to accompany ice cream, cheesecake, garnish and flavor drinks, fruits and more. You will love this caramel sauce recipe, it is very easy to prepare, versatile and best of all it is delicious. Join us!
SERVINGS: 1-1/4 Cups
- 1-1/2 Cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 Cup water
- 6 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 Cup heavy cream
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- Add the sugar and water to a saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook until the sugar dissolves, turns transparent and begins to bubble.
- Do not stir, just let it bubble, swirl the pan occasionally and brush the sides of the pan as needed to prevent crystallization.
- Cook until the mixture thickens and turns a deep amber color like honey, about 8 to 12 minutes, watching to make sure the mixture does not burn.
- Carefully add the butter and whisk until completely melted (the caramel will bubble quickly, so be careful and keep whisking).
- After the butter has melted and combined with the caramelized sugar, stir constantly while very slowly pouring in the heavy cream. Since the heavy cream is cooler than the hot caramel, the mixture will bubble quickly when added. After all the heavy cream has been added, stop stirring and bring to a boil. It will rise in the pan as it boils.
- Add the vanilla, salt and mix well. Let cool in the saucepan for 10 minutes.
- Then pour into a glass jar with a lid and let it cool completely (it will thicken as it cools).
LET US KNOW WHAT YOU THINK!
Did we miss any information? Are you excited to try this recipe? Leave a comment down below telling us your thoughts and what recipes you would like to see next.
THE BEST RECIPES!
Here you can see other delicious recipes to prepare and share!
KNOW SOMEONE WHO SHOULD READ THIS?
Share this piece with your friends across all social media platforms! Don't forget to tag @ZulayKitchen and #kitchenhappiness!