The Ground Beef Casserole recipe is an excellent choice for dinner or lunch.
The combination of minced meat, pasta, sauce, and cheese is perfect; the baking gives it an irresistible look, taste, and texture. It is also very easy to prepare.
This is one of my favorite recipes for those days when I want to enjoy a delicious dinner that is easy and doesn't require a lot of prep time. You can prepare this pasta in advance and heat it at the time of serving.
This dish is not only delicious, but it is also very nutritious. Beef brings protein and nutrients to our diet and for that our friends at Carnivore Style share with us this amazing article "How Much Protein Is In a Pound of Ground Beef?" where they explain everything about the nutritional aspect of this versatile and delicious protein. If you are a meat lover you will surely want to read this article too!
- 1 lb. uncooked penne or rigatoni (You can use the paste of your choice)
- 1 Medium onion, chopped
- 1 Pound extra lean ground beef
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil
- 3 Cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 1/2 Cups tomato sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat your oven to 400°F.
- In a hot skillet over medium-high heat add the oil, beef, onion, and garlic, mix breaking up the meat with a meat chopper as you go, for 10 minutes.
- Stir in tomato sauce, oregano, salt, and pepper to taste. Cook covered for 10 more minutes.
- Cook the pasta for 10 minutes (it should be a little raw so it doesn't get mushy in the oven cooking). Drain the pasta and pour it into the baking dish.
- Pour the meat mixture on top and then toss until combined with the pasta. Top with an even layer of cheese.
- Bake for 10 minutes, uncovered until the cheese is well melted.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
LET US KNOW WHAT YOU THINK!
Did we miss any information? Are you excited to try this recipe? Leave a comment down below telling us your thoughts and what recipes you would like to see next.
THE BEST RECIPES!
Here you can see other delicious recipes to prepare and share!
KNOW SOMEONE WHO SHOULD READ THIS?
Share this piece with your friends across all social media platforms! Don't forget to tag @ZulayKitchen and #kitchenhappiness!