Chocolate cheesecake recipe is a real treat! A very soft cheesecake, with the flavor and aroma of the irresistible chocolate. An ideal dessert to share at any time of the year or celebration. Join us!
For the Crust:
- 26 Chocolate sandwich cookies.
- 6 Tablespoons melted unsalted butter.
For the filling:
- 325 Grams (11.5 OZ) dark chocolate
- 3 Cups of cream cheese
- 1 1/4 Cups sugar
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla
- 1 Cup sour cream
- 2 Tablespoons cocoa powder
- 4 Eggs
For the Ganache:
- 1/2 Cup dark chocolate
- 1/2 Cup heavy cream
For the crust:
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Add the chocolate cookies to your food processor and blend until they break into small pieces. Pour in the melted butter while pulsing the processor, then with a spatula stir to integrate everything.
- Transfer the mixture to your springform pan and spread it with a spatula so that the crumbs are evenly distributed on the bottom and also on the sides. Press well using a tall glass to compact. Bake for about 10 minutes at 350F or until light golden brown. Remove from oven and set aside.
For the filling:
- Chop the chocolate into pieces and place in a bowl. Place the bowl over a pot of simmering water and stir constantly until the chocolate melts (do not let the bowl come into contact with the water). Set aside.
- In another large bowl add the cream cheese, sugar, salt, vanilla, sour cream and cocoa powder; mix well with a whisk until everything is integrated. Add the eggs one at a time and mix.
- Add the melted chocolate to this mixture and stir well with a spatula until everything is well integrated.
- Cover with aluminum foil the outside of the mold where the cookie base was prepared to avoid the possibility of water entering during the cooking of the cheesecake and add the filling on top of the cookie base.
- Place the mold in a large baking dish or on a baking sheet, place it in the oven and add hot water in the space between the cheesecake mold and the baking sheet.
- Bake at 320°F for 55-60 minutes and remember to check that the pan or baking sheet still holds water during baking.
- Turn off the oven, open the door and let the cake cool in the oven for 1 hour.
- Remove from oven, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours (it is easier to cut when well refrigerated).
For the ganache:
- Heat the cream in a saucepan or microwave and pour over the chopped chocolate, mix well to melt the chocolate with the heat of the cream and integrate, let stand a little at room temperature.
- Spread the ganache over the cake and put it back in the refrigerator to cool well.
- Serve and enjoy!
LET US KNOW WHAT YOU THINK!
Did we miss any information? Are you excited to try this recipe? Leave a comment down below telling us your thoughts and what recipes you would like to see next.
KNOW SOMEONE WHO SHOULD READ THIS?
Share this piece with your friends across all social media platforms! Don't forget to tag @ZulayKitchen and #kitchenhappiness!