Christmas Roast Chicken! This is a very delicious and traditional recipe. This roast chicken is juicy on the inside and golden brown on the outside, its flavor is delicious thanks to the herb butter and the citric of the orange.
This dish is great, it combines very well with salads, potatoes, vegetables, etc. You can also prepare it in advance so you can dedicate yourself to the rest of the preparations for the holidays. You'll see how everyone will love it, join us!
Total preparation time: 2 hrs
Course: Main Course
- 1 Whole chicken 2 kg
- 100 g Butter
- 1 Whole orange cut in quarters
- Juice of one orange
- 10 Crushed garlic cloves
- 1 Onion cut in quarters
- 1 Sprig of fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 Sprig of thyme, chopped
- 1 Teaspoon cumin
- 1 Teaspoon paprika
- 2 Tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1/4 Cup chicken broth
- 1/4 Cup white wine
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200°C / 400°F.
- Carefully loosen the skin of the chicken breast by sliding your fingers under the skin or with the back of a spoon. Place on a baking sheet.
- In a bowl, add the butter, garlic, rosemary, chopped thyme, cumin, paprika and chopped parsley; mix well.
- Rub the chicken all over with the herb butter, inside and out, even between the skin and the breast. Season the chicken well with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the orange and onion pieces inside the chicken; add the wine, stock and orange juice to the pan with the chicken.
- Roast the chicken for 1 hour and 45 minutes or until well browned and juices run clear when pierced through the thickest part of the leg with a sharp knife.
- Let stand 10 minutes and serve. Enjoy!
LET US KNOW WHAT YOU THINK!
Did we miss any information? Are you excited to try this recipe? Leave a comment down below telling us your thoughts and what recipes you would like to see next.
THE BEST RECIPES!
Here you can see other delicious recipes to prepare and share!
KNOW SOMEONE WHO SHOULD READ THIS?
Share this piece with your friends across all social media platforms! Don't forget to tag @ZulayKitchen and #kitchenhappiness!
Leave a comment
All comments are moderated before being published.