Beef and potato pie is delicious! You will enjoy a tasty minced beef with vegetables and a soft layer of cheesy potatoes. This pie is easy to prepare and great for sharing, join us!
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 4 Crushed garlic cloves
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 2 Cups of mixed vegetables (carrots, corn and peas)
- Half a bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 Celery , finely chopped
- 1.5 lb Ground beef
- 3 Tablespoons flour all purpose
- 1/4 Cup tomato puree
- 2 Cups beef broth
- 1/2 Cup red wine
- 1 Teaspoon cumin
- 1 Teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 Dried bay leaves
- 2 lb Potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2/3 Cup milk
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1/4 Cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 4 Tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet over medium heat add the oil, onion, garlic, celery, bell bell pepper and cook for 2 minutes. Then add the mixed vegetables and cook for 3 minutes.
- Increase heat to high. Add meat and cook, breaking it up as you go, until browned.
- Add the flour and mix, then add the tomato paste, broth, red wine, thyme, cumin, bay leaf, salt and pepper.
- Cook for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the sauce is reduced and thickened. Taste and then add more salt if desired.
- Transfer to a tart pan of your choice and preheat the oven to 180 ° C / 350 ° F.
- Cook the potatoes in boiling water with salt to taste for 15 minutes or until tender. Drain, return to the pot, add the butter and blend until smooth; then add the milk, mozzarella cheese, salt and mix well.
- Spread the puree over the meat in the pan, use a fork to give the surface a rough appearance. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until browned on top and bubbling at the edges.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before serving, enjoy!
LET US KNOW WHAT YOU THINK!
Did we miss any information? Are you excited to try this recipe? Leave a comment down below telling us your thoughts and what recipes you would like to see next.
THE BEST RECIPES!
Here you can see other delicious recipes to prepare and share!
KNOW SOMEONE WHO SHOULD READ THIS?
Share this piece with your friends across all social media platforms! Don't forget to tag @ZulayKitchen and #kitchenhappiness!