Alfajores recipe! These cookies are a delight, you can fill them with dulce de leche and garnish with shredded coconut as in the traditional recipe.
Prepare these easy but delicious alfajores cookies, accompany them with a latte or on their own and you will see that they will become part of your favorite recipes, enjoy!
- 3/4 Cup unsalted butter
- 1 Teaspoon lemon zest
- 2/3 Cup granulated sugar
- 3 Egg yolks
- 2 Tablespoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 Cup cornstarch
- 1 Cup all-purpose flour
- 1 Teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt
- 1 Cup dulce de leche
- 1/2 Cup grated coconut
- In a large bowl, add the room temperature butter, lemon zest and sugar beat for about 3 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Add egg yolks and vanilla extract, mix.
- Mix cornstarch, flour, salt and baking powder in a large bowl.
- Pour the flour mixture into the preparation and mix well.
- Transfer the dough to plastic wrap and flatten into a disk shape. Wrap and chill for about an hour.
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Roll out to between 1/4 and 1/8 an inch on a lightly floured surface. Cut the dough with a cookie cutter and transfer it to a tray covered with parchment paper or a silicone lined baking sheet.
- Bake for about 8 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through. Let cool well.
- Place a spoonful of dulce de leche on the back of one cookie and place another cookie on top of the filling. Slightly press the two cookies and roll in the shredded coconut, repeat the assembly for the remaining cookies. Enjoy!
LET US KNOW WHAT YOU THINK!
Did we miss any information? Are you excited to try this recipe? Leave a comment down below telling us your thoughts and what recipes you would like to see next.
THE BEST RECIPES!
Here you can see other delicious recipes to prepare and share!
KNOW SOMEONE WHO SHOULD READ THIS?
Share this piece with your friends across all social media platforms! Don't forget to tag @ZulayKitchen and #kitchenhappiness!