Potato Soup Recipe
Potato Soup Recipe! Prepare this delicious and creamy soup easily, and enjoy the perfect combination of potato and bacon.
It's a recipe for those moments when you need a comforting, creamy, and very tasty dish, and the best thing is that you prepare it with ingredients that we usually have at home. Try giving it a personal touch with your favorite cheese and crispy bacon, join us!
TOTAL PREPARATION TIME: 30 Minutes
- 2 Lbs of potatoes, peeled and cut into pieces
- 7 Thin slices of bacon, cut into pieces.
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 3 Cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/3 Cup all-purpose flour
- 3 Cups chicken broth
- 2 Cups milk
- 1/2 Cup heavy cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Shredded cheddar cheese, chives, sour cream and bacon for topping (optional)
- Place the bacon pieces in a large pot over medium heat and cook until the bacon is crisp and browned. Remove the bacon pieces and set aside.
- Add the butter and chopped onion to the same pan with the bacon fat and cook over medium heat until the onion is tender (5 minutes).
- Add the garlic and cook until fragrant (about 30 seconds).
- Sprinkle the flour over the ingredients in the pot and stir until smooth.
- Add the diced potatoes to the pot along with the chicken broth, milk, heavy cream, salt, and pepper. Stir well.
- Bring to a boil and cook until the potatoes are fork-tender (about 10 minutes).
- Reduce the heat to low and blend half of the soup to a smooth puree.
- Return the puree to the pot and the reserved bacon pieces, stir, and bring to a boil.
- Add sour cream, bacon, cheddar cheese, and chives to taste for garnish. Serve and enjoy!
LET US KNOW WHAT YOU THINK!
Did we miss any information? Are you excited to try this recipe? Leave a comment down below telling us your thoughts and what recipes you would like to see next.
THE BEST RECIPES!
Here you can see other delicious recipes to prepare and share!
KNOW SOMEONE WHO SHOULD READ THIS?
Share this piece with your friends across all social media platforms! Don't forget to tag @ZulayKitchen and #kitchenhappiness!