Classic Lemon Bars Recipe
We have a sweet treat for you today! Check out this easy Lemon Bars Recipe! This tangy-sweet dessert is perfect during the summer for picnics, birthdays, office parties, or just for eating all to yourself! Don't be fooled by the picture, these lemon bars are super simple to make and we'll walk you through how to make the crust and filling. We used a more classic butter shortbread crust and a lemon curd filling that's baked to the perfect consistency, but if you'd prefer a graham cracker crust, you can still compliment it with our lemon filling recipe!
Lemon Bars Recipe
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Chill Time: 3 Hours
Total Time: 3 hours, 50 minutes
Shortbread Crust Ingredients
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter - melted
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups and 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
Lemon Filling Ingredients
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (about 4 lemons)
- You can always use store bought lemon juice if you don't have any lemons.
- Optional: confectioners' sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and prepare a 9 x 13 baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- In a medium-size bowl, mix the melted butter, sugar, vanilla extract, and salt. Add the flour and stir to completely combine. The dough will be thick.
- Press firmly into prepared pan making sure the layer of crust is nice and even. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together the remaining sugar and flour.
- Juice your lemons using the Zulay Kitchen Lemon Lime Squeezer to get every last drop.
- Whisk in the eggs and lemon juice. Pour over the baked crust.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes until the center is relatively set, but does jiggle slightly.
- Set aside to cool, then stick in the refrigerator until chilled. Approximately 3 hours.
- Dust the top with confectioners' sugar for some extra sweetness.
Kitchen Products Used:
Check Out These Yummy Dessert Recipes!
Watch How To Use Our Magnetic Measuring Spoons
Let Us Know What You Think!
Did we miss any information? Are you excited to try this recipe? Leave a comment down below telling us your thoughts and what recipes you would like to see next!
Know Someone Who Should Read This?
Share this piece with your friends across all social media platforms! Don't forget to tag @ZulayKitchen and #kitchenhappiness!