Since we spend most of our time at home, try this Lemon Bar recipe! It won't only satisfy your cravings but also refresh your palates. You only need 7 ingredients for this Lemon Bar and a Zulay Kitchen Lemon Juicer. These are classic lemon bars featuring a soft butter shortbread crust and a tangy-sweet lemon curd filling that’s baked to the perfect consistency. Everyone needs this recipe!🏷 Course: Dessert
🔪 Prep Time: 10 minutes
🍳 Cook Time: 40 minutes
⏲ Total Time: 3 hours, 50 minutes
- 1 cup or 2 sticks unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups + 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 6 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup lemon juice (about 4 lemons)
KITCHEN PRODUCT USED
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F° and prepare a 9 x 13 baking lined with parchment paper.
- Crust: In a medium-size bowl, mix the melted butter, sugar, vanilla extract, and salt. Add the flour and stir to completely combine. The dough will be thick. Press firmly into prepared pan, making sure the layer of crust is nice and even. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until the edges are very lightly browned. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Filling: In another bowl, whisk together the remaining sugar and flour. Whisk in the eggs and lemon juice. Pour over the baked crust.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes more until the center is relatively set and does jiggle. Set aside to cool then stick in the refrigerator until chilled.
- Cut and serve!