Ham Pot Pie
Ham Pot Pie recipe! An incredible dish full of flavor, aromas and beautiful presentation. You will enjoy a pie with a crispy crust and a creamy ham filling; ideal for a family dinner and for this Easter. Join us!
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 Cup butter
- 2/3 Cup chopped onion
- 2 Tablespoons chopped leek
- 3 Cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 Tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1/4 Teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 Cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 Cups chicken broth
- 1 Cup milk
- 1 Cup of diced and cooked potato
- 3 1/2 Cups chopped ham
- 1 1/2 Cups frozen corn, thawed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Refrigerated pie crusts
- 1 Beaten egg
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet with the olive oil.
- Add the onion and leek and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste; add the thyme, garlic and cook for another minute.
- Sprinkle flour into the skillet and stir for 1 minute.
- Gradually add the chicken broth, then the milk and stir.
- Add the corn and potatoes. Let the mixture simmer for several minutes to thicken.
- Add ham, chopped parsley and mix. Set aside.
- Place one pie crust in the bottom of a deep pie pan and pour in the filling.
- Place the second crust on top and trim the excess. Press the two pie crusts together to seal and crimp the edge with your fingers.
- Brush the top with egg mixture. Cut 3 or 4 slits with a knife in the middle to let steam escape. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
LET US KNOW WHAT YOU THINK!
Did we miss any information? Are you excited to try this recipe? Leave a comment down below telling us your thoughts and what recipes you would like to see next.
THE BEST RECIPES!
Here you can see other delicious recipes to prepare and share!
KNOW SOMEONE WHO SHOULD READ THIS?
Share this piece with your friends across all social media platforms! Don't forget to tag @ZulayKitchen and #kitchenhappiness!