Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 200g Plain White Flour (Gluten Free)
- 150g sugar
- ½ tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- ½ tsp Xanthan Gum
- pinch of salt
- 50ml oil
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 75g dark chocolate chips
- oil, for tray
- Pre-heat the oven.
- Measure the flour, sugar, bicarbonate of soda, xanthan gum and salt into a bowl and stir well to combine.
- Sieve everything into a mixing bowl.
- Pour in the oil, vanilla extract and egg and mix really well.
- Using your hands, gather everything together into a dry dough.
- Add the chocolate chips and work them into the dough with your fingers.
- Spoon 6-8 piles of dough onto each prepared baking sheets leaving space around each mound of dough. Push any chips that fall out back into the dough.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until the cookies are light brown on the edges and still slightly soft in the middle.
- Leave to cool on the tray for 5 minutes then transfer the cookies to a cooling rack.
Let us Know What You Think!
Did we miss any information? Are you excited to try this recipe? Leave a comment down below telling us your thoughts and what recipes you would like to see next.
Know Someone Who Should Read This?
Share this piece with your friends across all social media platforms! Don't forget to tag @ZulayKitchen and #kitchenhappiness!