What do you do when you have a doughnut craving but don't have the time to make them?
Mini Doughnut Muffins! Delicious and simple!
- 100g of butter
- 75g of superfine sugar
- 100g plain all-purpose flower
- 1tsp baking soda
- 50g of plain yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp of your favourite jam
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Melt the butter in a pan over a medium heat and use a pastry brush to grease all the holes of the muffin tray with some of the melted butter.
- Place the sugar, flour and baking soda in a bowl and combine.
- In a small jug, mix the remaining melted butter with the yogurt, egg and vanilla. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and gently fold them together until just incorporated.
- Divide the mixture among the 24 holes in the muffin tray using a teaspoon, then bake for 7–8 minutes or until golden brown and risen.
- While the muffins are baking, spoon the jam into the piping bag and snip the end off each with a pair of scissors. Remove the hot doughnuts muffins from the oven and roll them in superfine sugar, then make a small hole with a skewer in the bottom of each and pipe the jam into the centre of the doughnuts.
- Enjoy and taste this small treat.