Chicken Pie Recipe
The chicken pie is a delight! With this pie recipe you can enjoy a creamy chicken covered with a crunchy and delicious crust, it is very easy to prepare and you will see that everyone loves it. Join in!
For the filling:
- 6 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Leek, thinly sliced
- 1 Onion, diced small
- 1 Carrot cut into small cubes
- 3 Pounds of chicken breast cut in cubes or strips
- 1 Teaspoon thyme
- 2 Bay leaves
- 3 Tablespoons plain flour
- 1/2 Cup white wine
- 1 Cup chicken broth
- 1/2 Cup heavy cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the dough:
- 500 g Plain flour
- 250 g Cold butter
- 100 ml Water
- 1 Beaten egg
- Add the oil in a hot saucepan over low heat along with the leek, onion, carrots, herbs, chicken, salt and pepper to taste, cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the flour, mix and cook for 3 minutes; pour in the wine, boil for 2 minutes and then add the broth, cream and cook for 10 minutes until the chicken is cooked and the sauce thickens. Season with salt and pepper to taste; remove from heat and let cool completely.
- In a bowl put the flour, a pinch of salt and the cold butter in small cubes, and rub with your fingers until it looks like breadcrumbs. Pour 100 ml of cold water, mix and then join with your hands to form a dough.
- Divide the dough into 2 pieces, you will need ⅓ for the top and ⅔ for the base; flatten with your hands and chill until needed.
- Preheat the oven to 375 °F and prepare the pan by greasing it with butter or oil.
- Roll out two-thirds of the dough on nonstick paper until it is large enough to line the pan with a little excess. Use it to line the pan, then spoon in the filling and spread well.
- Roll out the rest of the dough until it is large enough to cover the pie. Brush the edge of the dough with beaten egg and cover the tart to close it, then fold over the overhang and press gently to seal.
- Brush the top of the tart with beaten egg, make a small incision in the center to let steam escape and bake for 40 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven, let stand for 10 minutes and serve. Enjoy!
LET US KNOW WHAT YOU THINK!
Did we miss any information? Are you excited to try this recipe? Leave a comment down below telling us your thoughts and what recipes you would like to see next.
THE BEST RECIPES!
Here you can see other delicious recipes to prepare and share!
KNOW SOMEONE WHO SHOULD READ THIS?
Share this piece with your friends across all social media platforms! Don't forget to tag @ZulayKitchen and #kitchenhappiness!