We all know that pineapple does not belong in pizza (change our mind), but if there is one thing that we can't argue is that pineapple can belong in a savory dish. Here is a recipe that will spice up your pineapple flavor needs. Enjoy and let's agree to disagree about pineapples in pizza.
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- salt to taste
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into strips
- 1 red bell pepper, cubed
- 1 bunch scallions, trimmed and sliced into 1/2-inch lengths
- 1/2 of fresh pineapple cut into squares
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
KITCHEN PRODUCT USED
Coring the Pineapple
- Grab a fresh pineapple and cut the top part
- Once cut, insert the Zulay Kitchen's Pineapple Corer to core the fresh pineapple
- Once the core is out, cut the pineapple into squares and put aside.
The Preparation of the dish
- Combine soy sauce, 2 tablespoons olive oil, paprika and salt in a bowl and mix,
- Add the chicken strips, cut with Zulay Kitchen's Poultry Shears, and let marinate for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- Heat the rest of the olive oil in a pan.
- Stir in bell pepper for 2-3 minutes.
- Add scallions and cook for an additional of 2 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and add to the pan.
- Let the chicken cook through, stirring occasionally for 10 - 15 minutes or until chicken is not pink in the center.
- Combine the marinade mixture in a bowl with cornstarch. Stir until lumps are not seen.
- Add the pineapple to the chicken mixture and cook for about 2 - 3 minutes.
- Pour marinade and cornstarch mixture.
- Simmer until sauce is thickened and serve.