Korean Fried Chicken! Prepare this delicious recipe for lunch or dinner with your family. It's a tasty fried chicken topped with a Korean style sauce with a spicy touch.
Who doesn't like fried chicken? Exactly! That's why this chicken recipe is an excellent choice to surprise your family or guests, it's a quick and easy meal that you can enjoy at any occasion and without so much effort, I like to serve it with white rice and it looks great. Join us!
- 2 Chicken breasts cut into long, thick strips
- 1/2 Cup buttermilk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tablespoon crushed garlic
- 1/2 Cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 Cup corn starch
- 1/2 Teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 Teaspoon paprika
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 1 Tablespoon gochujang paste
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 Clove garlic, chopped
- 1 Teaspoons chopped ginger
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 Tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 Scallions, cut into thin strips
- 1 Teaspoon sesame seeds
- ½ Teaspoon chili flakes
- Place chicken in a bowl. Add buttermilk, crushed garlic, salt and pepper to taste. Mix, cover and place in refrigerator to marinate for at least 1 hour.
- Place a frying pan to heat and add enough oil for frying.
- Add in a bowl the flour, corn starch, garlic powder, onion powder, dried thyme, paprika, salt and pepper; mix well.
- Dredge the chicken in the flour mixture, making sure it is completely coated.
- Once oil is hot enough, add breaded chicken and cook for 3-5 minutes until golden brown and cooked through; set aside.
- For the sauce: in a saucepan over medium heat add vegetable oil, garlic and ginger, mix and cook for 30 seconds. Add the gochujang paste, honey, sugar, soy sauce, and sesame oil. Simmer for 5 minutes until thickened.
- Pour over the crispy chicken and toss gently, then top with the scallions, chili flakes, and sesame seeds before serving. Enjoy!
LET US KNOW WHAT YOU THINK!
Did we miss any information? Are you excited to try this recipe? Leave a comment down below telling us your thoughts and what recipes you would like to see next.
THE BEST RECIPES!
Here you can see other delicious recipes to prepare and share!
KNOW SOMEONE WHO SHOULD READ THIS?
Share this piece with your friends across all social media platforms! Don't forget to tag @ZulayKitchen and #kitchenhappiness!