Irish soda bread! This bread is very delicious, quick, and easy to prepare.
This traditional bread does not use yeast like other types of bread, instead, it gets its texture and body from the chemical process of baking soda and buttermilk. Here we share with you this version of this delicious bread, I like it spread with butter and jam; try it and celebrate Saint Patrick's Day with a traditional and delicious recipe.
WHO IS ST. PATRICK? St. Patrick’s Day observes of the death of St. Patrick, the patron saint of Ireland. The holiday has evolved into a celebration of Irish culture with parades, special foods, music, dancing, drinking and a whole lot of green.
Today, people of all backgrounds celebrate St. Patrick’s Day, especially throughout the United States, Canada and Australia. Although North America is home to the largest productions, St. Patrick’s Day is celebrated around the world in locations far from Ireland, including Japan, Singapore and Russia. Popular St. Patrick’s Day recipes include Irish soda bread, corned beef and cabbage and champ. In the United States, people often wear green on St. Patrick’s Day.
Information retrieved from History https://www.history.com/
Irish Soda Bread Recipe
SERVINGS: 10 Slices
- 4 Cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Teaspoon baking soda
- 1-1/2 Teaspoons salt
- 4 Tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- 1-3/4 Cup buttermilk
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- Preheat oven to 450° F.
- In a large bowl mix the flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. Pour in the melted butter, buttermilk and mix until a dough forms.
- With floured hands, knead for 5 minutes. Form the dough into a ball and place it on a cast iron skillet or baking sheet coated with a little oil. Mark an "X" with a bread lame cutter or a sharp knife.
- Bake until the bread is golden brown and the center looks completely cooked through, about 45 minutes. Loosely cover the loaf with foil if you notice a deep golden brown on top.
- Let the bread cool completely on a rack, then slice it.
- Serve with butter or jam. Enjoy!
LET US KNOW WHAT YOU THINK!
Did we miss any information? Are you excited to try this recipe? Leave a comment down below telling us your thoughts and what recipes you would like to see next.
THE BEST RECIPES!
Here you can see other delicious recipes to prepare and share!
KNOW SOMEONE WHO SHOULD READ THIS?
Share this piece with your friends across all social media platforms! Don't forget to tag @ZulayKitchen and #kitchenhappiness!