Breakfast is one of the most important dishes to face the day with energy, what would be the perfect dish full of nutrients, fiber, lots of flavor and that you can prepare in advance? Healthy Overnight Oats! A creamy, soft and very tasty dish!
What is overnight oats?
It is simply an oatmeal preparation technique that consists of letting the oat flakes hydrate with milk, yogurt and other ingredients; overnight or at least 4 hours to obtain a smooth and creamy oatmeal. With this technique you won't use the microwave or stove and it allows you to prepare it ahead of time to better organize your daily routine.
Is overnight oats healthy?
Overnight oats offer a number of health benefits, due to their rich fiber and protein content; they also contain a number of vitamins and minerals.
Healthy Overnight Oats RecipeTOTAL PREPARATION TIME: 4 hours minimum
- ½ Cup rolled oats
- ½ Cup milk of your choice
- ¼ Cup plain yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon sweetener, honey or maple syrup (your choice)
- 1 Tablespoon chia seeds
- ¼ Teaspoon vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- Fresh fruit, diced or sliced, for garnish
- Chopped nuts, coconut shavings, chopped almonds, dark or semi-sweet chocolate chips for garnish (Optional).
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl until combined. Add it to the glass container where you will serve it.
- Add the fruit or you can also do it at the time of serving. Cover the glass container with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Uncover and enjoy!
LET US KNOW WHAT YOU THINK!
THE BEST RECIPES!
Here you can see other delicious recipes to prepare and share!