We have a bright twist on your average latte for you to try today! This Golden Latte recipe was provided by our creative partner, Ankita, which she says is a great immunity boosting drink! This latte is made with turmeric and ginger for more of a spiced taste. Ankita used our MilkBoss Milk Frother to achieve that fun, yellow froth for this recipe!
This recipe was shared with us by our friend on Instagram @anksworld_food!
KITCHEN PRODUCTS USED
- 1 cup Cow’s Milk + 2 tbsp milk for froth
- 1½ inch fresh turmeric (peeled and grated) or 1 Tbsp ground turmeric
- 1/4 tsp ground dry ginger
- 1 whole cinnamon stick or ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 cloves
- 2 cardamom
- 2 tbsp almond powder
- pinch ground black pepper
- Sweetener of your choice (honey, maple syrup, coconut sugar, or stevia to taste DO NOT BOIL IT)
- Milk Frother (I used my handy one from Zulay Kitchen)
- Using microwave, heat 2 tbsp milk with a pinch of turmeric and warm it for 20 second. Using a milk-frother, whisk it to get froth as per requirement and keep it aside in your mug. (You can skip this step if you do not want a frothy drink and want to keep it simple)
- In a small saucepan, add milk, turmeric, ground ginger, cinnamon stick, clove, cardamom, almond powder, and black pepper. Whisk it to combine and warm it over medium heat. Heat the milk mixture until hot, but not boiling – just about 3 - 4 minutes – whisking frequently.
- Turn off heat and taste to adjust flavor. Add sweetener to taste or more turmeric or ginger for intense spice + flavor. Strain it using a strainer.
- Pour it in the mug which has the froth to prepare your latte. (If this sounds tricky to you, just spoon the froth on top). You can also serve it without froth as the taste remains the same.
Leave a comment
All comments are moderated before being published.