For The Cupcakes:
- 2 Large eggs
- 125g Wheat flour
- 1/4 Tablespoon baking powder
- 125g Powdered sugar
- 125g Softened butter (or margarine)
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla essence or grated lemon zest
For The Buttercream:
- 450g Confectioner's sugar
- 225g Unsalted butter
- 3 Tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla essence
- Gel coloring
- Preheat the oven to 200°C
- In a bowl, mix the butter, sugar and vanilla essence (or lemon zest).
- Add the eggs one by one and mix well.
- Sift the flour with the baking powder and incorporate little by little until well blended. Be careful not to over mix.
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin tins, filling them halfway.
- Bake at 200 °C for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out dry. Remove from the oven and let cool completely.
- Beat the butter (at room temperature) and salt for a few minutes with a mixer to cream it.
- Sift in the confectioner sugar and incorporate in several batches, beating on low speed after each addition. Scrape the bowl and repeat the process.
- Add a tablespoon of cream while beating on low speed and then add the vanilla. Beat to an even, fluffy consistency. More cream or milk may be added if a thinner consistency is desired.
- Add a small amount of food coloring to the cream and beat, keep adding until the desired color is achieved.
- Place the cream in a piping bag and decorate the cupcake, place decorations such as gumdrops, chocolate chips, edible pearls, cupcake toppers, etc. To give the appearance of Halloween. Enjoy!
LET US KNOW WHAT YOU THINK!
Did we miss any information? Are you excited to try this recipe? Leave a comment down below telling us your thoughts and what recipes you would like to see next.
KNOW SOMEONE WHO SHOULD READ THIS?
Share this piece with your friends across all social media platforms! Don't forget to tag @ZulayKitchen and #kitchenhappiness!