Start your day the right way with these easy yet tasty breakfast tacos! Whether you’re a meat lover or a vegetarian, here’s how to make tacos that are simple, filling, and will give you all the energy you need to get through the day. Enjoy this delicious mixture of bold flavors that will easily become a family favorite!
The possibilities are endless! Choose whether to make these delicious tacos with beef or with yummy veggies, one way or another, they’re going to be delicious. For the beef, you can choose your favorite kind and add as much of it as you’d like.
Fun tip: you can also serve this burrito bowl style over a bed of white rice!
Easy Homemade Breakfast Tacos
Cook time: 25 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 green bell pepper (seeded and sliced)
- 1 red bell pepper (seeded and sliced)
- 1 yellow bell pepper (seeded and sliced)
- 1 medium yellow onion (peeled and sliced)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 eggs
- Splash of milk or water
- Shredded beef
- 8 flour or corn tortillas
- Kosher salt
- 1 15-ounce can black beans
- 1 avocado (peeled, pitted and chopped)
- 1 tomato (chopped)
- ½ cup cotija cheese (crumbled) or cheddar cheese (shredded)
- Cilantro (chopped)
- In a 12-inch skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the peppers and onion. Sauté until the vegetables soften, stirring occasionally, for around 5 minutes.
- (Optional) Add the shredded beef and cook for around 4-5 minutes.
- While the beef cooks, heat the tortillas for around 30 seconds each over low heat, or in the microwave.
- Melt the butter in a different 12-inch skillet over medium heat.
- Warm the beans in a small pan over medium heat.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs and add a splash of milk or water. Add a pinch of kosher salt and then add to the skillet with the butter. Cook, stirring often using a spatula until the eggs are soft.
- Put a few spoonfuls of beef in the tortilla, followed by some scrambled eggs and then add beans and vegetables. Garnish with avocado, tomato and cotija or cheddar cheese. Repeat with the remaining tortillas. If desired, serve with salsa and chopped cilantro.
If you liked this easy how to make Breakfast Tacos recipe, here’s a few others we guarantee you will love!
Give us your thoughts and share pictures of the meal you made!
Is there anything we missed? Are you looking forward to trying this yummy recipe? Leave a comment below giving us your thoughts and which recipes you would like to enjoy next.
Know someone who would like this recipe?Don’t hold back! Easily share this recipe with your family and friends across all social media platforms! Don’t forget to tag @ZulayKitchen and remember, we guarantee #kitchenhappiness!