Easter Bread! This traditional recipe is a delight, soft, slightly sweet and very decorative.
Easter bread is an easy and fun recipe to prepare, you just have to mix the ingredients, knead, wait for the dough to rise in size and bake. You can include the children in the preparation of this bread, plus the colored sprinkles give it a nice decoration and you can make it to your liking. Join us!
- 1 Cup milk
- 1/2 Cup unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
- 1 Package (0.25 oz.) active dry yeast
- 1/8 Teaspoon salt
- 1/2 Cup granulated sugar
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- 4 Cups all-purpose flour, plus a kneading amount.
- 1 Large egg, beaten, plus 1 teaspoon of water
- 3 Dyed Easter eggs, raw or hard-boiled
- Colored sprinkles
- In a bowl mix the milk, 1 teaspoon of sugar and the yeast. Let stand until frothy, about 8 minutes.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the dough hook, combine flour, remaining ½ cup sugar and salt. Add the milk/yeast mixture and eggs. Mix until a very soft dough forms, about 5 minutes. Increase the speed to medium-high and add the butter a tablespoon at a time, mixing well after each addition, until the dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl, about 15 minutes.
- Transfer dough to a greased bowl, cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled in size.
- Divide into 6 pieces. Coil each piece to form a rope 1 inch wide, approximately 14 inches long.
- Taking 2 pieces, braid the rope, bring the ends together and then make a circle. Make sure the ends are tightly together. Place them on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Press the dyed eggs into the braid, then cover the dough and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (177ºC). Brush the bread with beaten egg and cover with the sprinkles. Bake until golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Serve and Enjoy!
LET US KNOW WHAT YOU THINK!
Did we miss any information? Are you excited to try this recipe? Leave a comment down below telling us your thoughts and what recipes you would like to see next.
THE BEST RECIPES!
Here you can see other delicious recipes to prepare and share!
KNOW SOMEONE WHO SHOULD READ THIS?
Share this piece with your friends across all social media platforms! Don't forget to tag @ZulayKitchen and #kitchenhappiness!
Leave a comment
All comments are moderated before being published.