Creamy rice pudding is a true delight, this recipe has been passed down from generation to generation in our family, its delicious smell and taste brings back fond memories. You can enjoy it hot or cold; the rice gives this recipe a creamy touch that together with the milk and cinnamon create a perfection of flavors and textures. Join us!
- 1/4 Cup brown sugar
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 Teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 Cloves
- 2 Cups whole milk
- 1/2 Cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 Cup (65 g) short-grain white rice
- Pinch of salt
- 1 Cinnamon stick
- Add the milk, cream, rice, cloves, cinnamon stick and salt to a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Once boiling, reduce heat to low and simmer until rice is tender, about 20-25 minutes. Stir frequently to prevent the rice from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Add the sugar, vanilla and ground cinnamon, stir everything together and continue to simmer for about 5-10 minutes more, or until thickened. The mixture will continue to thicken as it cools, so do not let it get too thick before removing from the heat.
- Remove from the heat, it can be served hot or cold. Sprinkle with a little ground cinnamon and enjoy.
LET US KNOW WHAT YOU THINK!
Did we miss any information? Are you excited to try this recipe? Leave a comment down below telling us your thoughts and what recipes you would like to see next.
THE BEST RECIPES!
Here you can see other delicious recipes to prepare and share!
KNOW SOMEONE WHO SHOULD READ THIS?
Share this piece with your friends across all social media platforms! Don't forget to tag @ZulayKitchen and #kitchenhappiness!