Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
This Roasted Butternut Squash Soup is delicious, creamy and very easy to prepare. You'll see how everyone will love it!
Roasting the butternut squash gives a delicious caramelized touch to the soup, you can add less broth and it will be much creamier, but here I give you the secret to enjoy the soup that will brighten your day. Join us!
SERVINGS: 5-6 servings
- 1 Large butternut squash, peeled and diced
- 6 Tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 Onion, chopped
- 1 Celery stalk, thinly sliced
- 1 Large carrot, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon fresh thyme
- 3 1/2 Cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 4 Cloves garlic, crushed
- In a large baking dish, toss the butternut squash with 4 tablespoons olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast at 400º F until tender, 25-30 minutes.
- In a large pot over medium heat, melt butter and 2 tablespoons olive oil. Add the onion, celery and carrot and cook until softened, 7-10 minutes. Add the garlic and season with salt, pepper and the thyme.
- Add the roasted pumpkin and pour in the broth; simmer for 15 minutes, then, using an immersion blender, blend the soup until creamy.
- Serve and Enjoy!
LET US KNOW WHAT YOU THINK!
Did we miss any information? Are you excited to try this recipe? Leave a comment down below telling us your thoughts and what recipes you would like to see next.
THE BEST RECIPES!
Here you can see other delicious recipes to prepare and share!
KNOW SOMEONE WHO SHOULD READ THIS?
Share this piece with your friends across all social media platforms! Don't forget to tag @ZulayKitchen and #kitchenhappiness!