Pumpkin Coconut Indian Spice Chicken
Spice up your day with a recipe that you might be too afraid to try. Take this Pumpkin Coconut Chicken recipe perhaps, it might have some spices that you haven't heard before! So strap yourself up because this is gonna be a new experience that we are sure you would enjoy. You don't have to wait for October to enjoy this Pumpkin Coconut Indian Spice Chicken!
- 1 8 oz can of pumpkin puree
- 1 8 oz can of coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup of shredded ginger
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 packet of stevia (1 tsp equivalent serving)
- 8 oz green frozen peas, thawed
KITCHEN PRODUCT USED
- Preheat over to 370 degrees.
- Make a coconut rue sauce out of the coconut oil and flour.
- Melt the coconut oil in a skillet, then add the coconut flour stirring.
- Add coconut milk slowly stirring until smooth.
- Add the pumpkin.
- Stir slowly until thoroughly mixed.
- In a separate small dish, combine the spices together and blend them.
- Add to the hot pumpkin mix and stir.
- With a Zulay Swivel Peeler, peel the skin then shave the ginger.
- Take a small 5-inch pan, cover with water and braise ginger for about 5 minutes, adding more water to cover until water is light brown.
- Add the peas last, let it simmer for 3 more minutes then turn the heat off and let it rest.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake chicken. You need about a pound of skinless chicken breast tenders.
- Rinse well and place in baking dish.
- If using fresh chicken, cover the pan with oil as necessary.
- Sprinkle very well with paprika to cover, so that not much chicken shows through.
- Add salt to taste.
- Pop that into the oven for about 40 minutes.
- While that is cooking, make sticky rice using coconut oil, salt, and pepper.
- When chicken is done, plate the rice, then sauce the chicken!