Party Lasagna Recipe
Layered casseroles are just fun to make and worth the effort! This one takes about an hour prep time, and another hour in the oven. It can be made the night before, ready to pop in the oven before serving.
🏷 Course: Lunch/Dinner
🔪 Prep Time: 1 hour
🍳 Cook Time: 1 hour
⏲ Total Time: 2 hour
- 1 ½ pack of lasagna noodles
- Italian sausage, 1 pack
- 2 cans stewed tomatoes
- 2 cans tomato paste
- 1 - 1 ½ cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 - 6 cloves of garlic
- 2 tsp. dry basil or about 3 tbsp. minced fresh
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 can of cream of mushroom soup
- 8 oz. brick of mozzarella, grated
- 16 oz ricotta cheese
- Parmesan cheese, plenty
- Olive oil
KITCHEN PRODUCT USED
Other Products Needed
- 8 ½ X 11 Baking Dish
- Large Pasta Pot
- Start by making your lasagna noodles.
- Follow the manufactures directions for making the noodles. I use a package and ½ to ensure you have nice whole noodles to make your dish. They can break if they get too tender.
- In the skillet, cover the pan with olive oil. Once its hot, saute the onion and mushroom together and minced garlic. Put the mix aside in a bowl.
- In the hot pan, empty the sausage out of its casing, and brown the meat.
- Add the tomatoes and 1 can of paste. Blend well. If needed, add more paste, and water so that the skillet is very full.
- Add the onion, garlic and mushrooms, and spices. Turn the stove on. Let the sauce rest for about 10 minutes.
- If you are going to bake it right away, pre-heat the oven to 350°.
- Take your baking dish and cover it thinly with olive oil.
- Build your lasagna with first a layer of sauce, then noodles, then a layer of mushroom soup, ricotta cheese, mozzarella shreds and parmesan over the top.
- Do this layer by taking a tablespoon and scoop out the mushroom soup, then a scoop of ricotta, alternating. Try to evenly space the dollops over the noodles.
- Sprinkle over the ricotta and soup the mozzarella and parmesan. There is usually enough mushroom soup for at least 2 layers.
- Then repeat, sauce, noodles, mushroom soup/ricotta/mozzarella/parmesan.
- Repeat until there is no more sauce or you run out of room in the pan. Be sure to end with a layer of sauce but also add the mozzarella and parmesan over the top for a cheesy finish!
- Back for 1 hour in the oven. If the casserole is loaded to the brim, line the oven with foil or bake the dish on top of a cookie sheet.
- Serve with a large salad and garlic bread!