Easy Halloween Cookies
- 1/2 Cup butter
- 3/4 Cup sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla
- 1-1/2 Cups flour
- 1/4 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
For the glaze:
- 250 g of powdered sugar
- 1 Egg white
- 1/2 Tablespoon lemon juice
- In a bowl, beat the butter and sugar until creamy. Stir in the egg and vanilla and mix.
- In another bowl, mix the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually incorporate it into the creamed mixture.
- Form the dough into a disk shape; wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm enough to roll out.
- Preheat oven to 250°C. On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to about 1/2 cm thick.
- Cut the dough with cookie cutters into Halloween shapes. Place on silicone-lined baking sheets and bake at 200°C for 8 to 10 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned.
- Remove from pans and place on wire racks to cool completely.
- Sift the sugar and place it in a bowl.
- Place the egg white in a second bowl, sprinkle the first two tablespoons of sugar over the egg white and beat with a whisk.
- Repeat the process until you have added all the powdered sugar to the egg white, you must beat continuously and at constant speed to obtain a homogeneous mixture.
- Add the ½ tablespoon of lemon to the mixture and continue beating with the whisk, always at the same rhythm to get the food to integrate correctly.
- You will see that when you lift the whisk, the mixture falls and should be creamy enough to take a little time to fall from the whisk into the bowl.
- Dye the icing, put it in a piping bag and decorate the cookies to taste. Let stand until it sets.
LET US KNOW WHAT YOU THINK!
Did we miss any information? Are you excited to try this recipe? Leave a comment down below telling us your thoughts and what recipes you would like to see next.
KNOW SOMEONE WHO SHOULD READ THIS?
Share this piece with your friends across all social media platforms! Don't forget to tag @ZulayKitchen and #kitchenhappiness!