Chocolate Cake Recipe
Chocolate! Chocolate is a real treat! This chocolate cake recipe is very easy to prepare, you will enjoy a smooth cake covered with a tasty creamy chocolate ganache. Prepare this irresistible chocolate cake for your loved ones and you will see that they will love it! Join us!
- 5 Eggs
- 1 1/2 Cups buttermilk (See option 1)
- 1 1/2 Cups warm water
- 1/2 Cup coconut oil
- 2 Teaspoons vanilla
- 3 Cups all-purpose flour
- 3 Cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 Cups cocoa powder
- 1 Tablespoon of baking soda
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons salt
For chocolate ganache:
- 1/2 Cup dark chocolate
- 1/2 Cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Butter the baking pan of your choice and sprinkle with flour.
- In a bowl sift together flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, salt and mix.
- Add the eggs, buttermilk, warm water, oil and vanilla. Beat on medium speed until smooth.
- Add the mixture into the pan and bake for 30-35 minutes in a 350° F oven until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool well. Set aside.
- Heat the cream in a saucepan or in the microwave and pour it over the chopped chocolate, mix well to melt the chocolate with the heat of the cream and integrate, let stand a little at room temperature.
- Place the ganache in the refrigerator for about 2 hours to thicken.
- Spread the ganache over the cake and add cherries, chocolate in chunks, grated coconut, nuts or whatever you like.
- Serve and enjoy!
TIPS AND OPTIONS
- If you cannot get buttermilk, it can be substituted by mixing 1 1/2 cups of milk with 1 tablespoon of lemon juice or vinegar.
- To make the filled cake, distribute the cake mix in 3 equal sized pans, bake at 350° F for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out dry.
- You can fill it with whatever you like (jam, chocolate ganache, pastry cream with fruit, etc).
LET US KNOW WHAT YOU THINK!
Did we miss any information? Are you excited to try this recipe? Leave a comment down below telling us your thoughts and what recipes you would like to see next.
THE BEST RECIPES!
Here you can see other delicious recipes to prepare and share!
KNOW SOMEONE WHO SHOULD READ THIS?
Share this piece with your friends across all social media platforms! Don't forget to tag @ZulayKitchen and #kitchenhappiness!