Strawberries! Strawberries! Strawberries are a real treat! Now imagine the taste of strawberries in a soft and sweet cake, with a chocolate frosting and fresh strawberries, the best! Join us to prepare this delicious chocolate strawberry cake, I assure you that everyone will love it!
INGREDIENTSFor the cake:
- 1 Cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 Cup white sugar
- 1 Cup brown sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 1/2 Cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 8 Ounces plain Greek yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- 12 Ounces fresh strawberries, diced
- 1 Cup chopped dark chocolate
- 1 Cup heavy whipping cream
- Whole strawberries
- Preheat oven to 392°F (200°C). Grease and flour the pan of your choice.
- In a large bowl, sift together 2 1/4 cups flour, the baking soda and salt. Mix in the lemon zest and set aside.
- In another bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, 3 to 5 minutes. Add the vanilla, eggs one at a time, and then add a tablespoon of lemon juice. Alternate the flour mixture and yogurt, mixing until incorporated.
- Toss the strawberries with the remaining 1/4 cup flour. Gently mix them into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Remove and allow to cool.
- Heat the cream in a saucepan or in the microwave and pour it over the chopped chocolate, mix well to melt the chocolate with the heat of the cream and integrate, let stand at room temperature.
- Spread the ganache over the cake and decorate with whole strawberries as desired. Refrigerate the cake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
LET US KNOW WHAT YOU THINK!
Did we miss any information? Are you excited to try this recipe? Leave a comment down below telling us your thoughts and what recipes you would like to see next.
KNOW SOMEONE WHO SHOULD READ THIS?
Share this piece with your friends across all social media platforms! Don't forget to tag @ZulayKitchen and #kitchenhappiness!