Onion Soup Recipe! This is the best soup ever, it is delicious, comforting, elegant and very easy to prepare!
Onion Soup is a classic of French cuisine and there are many variations, in this case we bring you a very delicious and easy to prepare version. The onion is the protagonist of this soup and gives it flavor and a special aroma; it ends up becoming a very attractive dish with the bread au gratin with cheeses over the soup. Come on and prepare this culinary delight and you will see how you will love it, it will be part of your favorite recipes!
- 5 Medium onions, thinly sliced
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Crushed garlic cloves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 Cup white wine
- 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 6 Cups beef broth
- 1/2 Teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 Bay leaves
- 1 Small baguette, sliced
- 2 Cups of grated Gruyère cheese
- 1/2 Cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, add the butter, oil, onions and stir continuously until tender and translucent. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute more.
- Add the two tablespoons of wheat flour and mix well; add the white wine, stir and boil for one minute to evaporate the alcohol.
- Add the beef stock, thyme, Bay leaves and season with salt and pepper to taste. Simmer for 35 minutes.
- While the soup is simmering, preheat the oven to 400°F and place an oven rack in the middle position. Arrange the baguette slices in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake until the bread is dry, crisp and golden brown around the edges, about 8-10 minutes. Set aside.
- Ladle the soup into oven-safe bowls and place a slice or two of bread on top of each. Sprinkle evenly with Gruyère and then with Parmesan.
- Place the bowls on a baking sheet and broil in the preheated oven until the cheese is bubbling and lightly browned, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
LET US KNOW WHAT YOU THINK!
Did we miss any information? Are you excited to try this recipe? Leave a comment down below telling us your thoughts and what recipes you would like to see next.
THE BEST RECIPES!
Here you can see other delicious recipes to prepare and share!
KNOW SOMEONE WHO SHOULD READ THIS?
Share this piece with your friends across all social media platforms! Don't forget to tag @ZulayKitchen and #kitchenhappiness!