Moist Carrot Cake Recipe
Moist Carrot Cake! This family dessert is a classic, in particular I think it is one of the most versatile desserts because it is easy to prepare; its flavor, aroma and texture are incredible, plus the cheese topping makes it irresistible! This recipe is ideal for those special family moments or for snacks, and the kids love it. Dare to try it and spoil yourself with this delight, Join us!
- 2 Cups all-purpose flour
- 2 Teaspoons baking powder
- 1 ½ Teaspoons baking soda
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 2 ½ Teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 4 Eggs
- 1 ½ Cups vegetable oil
- 1 Cup white sugar
- 1 Cup brown sugar
- 3 Cups shredded carrots
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla
- 1 Cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 Cup raisins
- 8 Ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 ¼ Cups powdered sugar
- 1/3 Cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 Teaspoons vanilla extract
- Chopped pecans for topping cake
- Preheat oven to 325° F (165° C). Grease and flour a 9-inch cake pan (you can separate the mixture into two 9-inch pans, if you want to fill the cake).
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine brown and white sugar, oil, vanilla and eggs; beat well.
- Add flour mixture in two parts, stirring after each addition. Stir in grated carrots, raisins, chopped walnuts and mix. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake your cake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Let cool.
- For the frosting: in a large bowl, beat the cream cheese until creamy. Gradually add the powdered sugar and mix. Pour in the cream, vanilla and beat for 1 minute more until creamy. Chill covered until ready to frost the cake.
- When the cake is completely cool, cover it with the frosting and sprinkle nuts on top. Enjoy!
LET US KNOW WHAT YOU THINK!
Did we miss any information? Are you excited to try this recipe? Leave a comment down below telling us your thoughts and what recipes you would like to see next.
THE BEST RECIPES!
Here you can see other delicious recipes to prepare and share!
KNOW SOMEONE WHO SHOULD READ THIS?
Share this piece with your friends across all social media platforms! Don't forget to tag @ZulayKitchen and #kitchenhappiness!