What's trending you ask? Well, if you are living under a rock, or maybe spent time off the grid for some reason, then let us tell you what is trending now and that is Pancake Cereals! Yes you read that right, pancake cereals. And no, this is not some lame attempt of a company to shove pancake-shaped cereals in a box. It is Mini Pancakes served in a bowl drizzled with syrup and butter on top. Isn't it awesome? That's how wonderful the internet works. So you probably have your own version or recipe of a pancake but just in case you forgot or maybe just want to try something new, then here we present, Zulay Kitchen's Version of Mini Pancake Cereals.🏷 Course: Breakfast
🔪 Prep Time: 5 minutes
🍳 Cook: 5 minutes
⏲ Total Time: 15 minutes
🍴 Servings: 2
- ½ cup whole milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 ½ teaspoon canola oil, plus more for pan
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
KITCHEN PRODUCT USED
- For the pancake batter, mix in a bowl the milk, egg, oil, and butter.
- Once liquid ingredients are fully combined, add the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Use the Zulay Kitchen Silicone Spatula for mixing and mix until all ingredients are thick and no lumps are found.
- Pour the thick batter in a piping bag with a small tip.
- Heat your pan in medium heat.
- Once hot, brush with a thin layer of oil then reduce heat to medium-low.
- Slowly pipe small dollops of batter in the pan, make sure that you work quickly as the batter will cook quickly.
- Once everything is piped, look at the pancakes, and once the edges are brown quickly flip them to avoid getting burned.
- When everything is cooked, serve with a drizzle of your preferred pancake syrup and top with butter.