Today we bring you this meatloaf recipe! There are several variations of Meatloaf depending on the country where it is prepared but the basic concept is the same.
Meatloaf is a dish prepared with ground meat and other ingredients, made in the form of a loaf of bread, and breaded when served as if it were a loaf of bread.
In this article we will give you a simple recipe to make a tasty meat loaf.
What meat should we use for Meatloaf?
The best meat to make meatloaf regular ground beef (70% to 77% lean).
How Meatloaf is made?
Now let's go to the recipe, ingredients and preparation.
- 680g ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1 onion, chopped
- 250ml milk
- 110g dried breadcrumbs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 5 tablespoons ketchup
- Preheat oven to 180 C.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, egg, onion, milk and breadcrumbs. Season with salt and pepper and place in a lightly greased 23x13cm loaf tray.
- In a separate small bowl, combine the brown sugar, mustard and ketchup. Mix well and pour over the meatloaf.
- Bake for 1 hour.
Let the meatloaf stand for 5 to 10 minutes before cutting.
Garnish with parsley and serve,
- To keep your meatloaf tender, be careful to mix the ingredients until just combined. You can stir together all of the ingredients except the beef first, and then add the beef and stir until combined, to reduce the amount of mixing.
Let us Know What You Think!
Did we miss any information? Are you excited to try this recipe? Leave a comment down below telling us your thoughts and what recipes you would like to see next.
Know Someone Who Should Read This?
Share this piece with your friends across all social media platforms! Don't forget to tag @ZulayKitchen and #kitchenhappiness!