These Garlic Butter Smashed Potatoes are so delicious they will be part of your favorite recipes!
Make these crispy potatoes with all the flavor of butter, garlic, and spices as a side dish for Christmas dinner. They go very well with chicken, turkey, meat, and fish. You can even serve them with some sauces and they are very delicious.
Enjoy the best this holiday season!
TOTAL PREPARATION TIME: 50 minutes
- 2 Pounds potatoes
- 5 Tablespoons salted butter
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 5 Cloves garlic , crushed
- 2 Tablespoons fresh oregano, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt and black pepper to tasty
- Preheat the oven to medium-high temperature (about 200°C | 400°F).
- Put the potatoes in a large pot of salted water. Bring them to a boil and cook covered for 30-35 minutes or until fork tender. Drain well.
- Lightly grease a baking sheet with oil. Place the potatoes in the pan and gently mash them with a potato masher (not too hard so they don't get mashed).
- Mix together the butter, garlic, oregano and parsley. Pour the mixture over each potato. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast (or grill) until golden brown and crisp (about 10-15 minutes). Remove from oven and serve. Enjoy!
OPTIONS AND TIPS
- You can add parmesan cheese or the one of your choice and bake again for about 5 minutes or until it melts and your potatoes will have an additional delicious touch.
- You can also serve it with a sauce such as guacamole, or sour cream, among others.
- If you are a spicy lover you can use chili flakes before baking and your potatoes will have that bold and spicy touch.
LET US KNOW WHAT YOU THINK!
Did we miss any information? Are you excited to try this recipe? Leave a comment down below telling us your thoughts and what recipes you would like to see next.
THE BEST RECIPES!
Here you can see other delicious recipes to prepare and share!
KNOW SOMEONE WHO SHOULD READ THIS?
Share this piece with your friends across all social media platforms! Don't forget to tag @ZulayKitchen and #kitchenhappiness!
Leave a comment
All comments are moderated before being published.