Christmas sugar cookie! Christmas is a beautiful time to share with loved ones and you can't miss some delicious sugar cookies, with their traditional flavor and texture! Prepare these Christmas cookies with the kids and you will see how much fun they will have, they are very easy and quick to prepare. Join us!
- 3 Cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 Teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 Teaspoons salt
- 1 Cup white sugar
- 1 Cup unsalted butter
- 2 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Egg
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 Cups powdered sugar
- 3-4 Tablespoons milk
- 2 Tablespoons light corn syrup
- Gel food coloring
- Preheat oven to 350°F and prepare 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Beat butter and sugar in a large bowl until creamy.
- Add the egg, vanilla and beat until fully combined.
- Stir in the flour, baking powder, salt and mix until a dough forms.
- Dust the work surface with flour and remove the dough from the bowl. Bring the dough together and cut it in half, then shape it into 2 discs.
- Roll out with a rolling pin until the dough is about 0.5 cm thick, sprinkling flour underneath and on top of the dough so that it does not stick.
- Cut the dough with Christmas Cookie Cutters and transfer to the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 10 minutes until the surface is pale golden brown and the edges are beginning to be lightly browned.
- Allow the cookies to cool completely on the trays.
Prepare the frosting as follows:
- Combine powdered sugar, 2 tablespoons milk, corn syrup and vanilla extract in a medium bowl and stir until combined. If the frosting is too thick, add more milk, about 1 teaspoon at a time, until the frosting is thick but apply. If you accidentally add too much milk, add powdered sugar until the desired texture is achieved.
- If coloring frosting, divide into bowls and color as desired at this point.
- Transfer icing to a piping bag fitted with a piping tip.
- Pipe frosting over cookies and decorate with decorative candies, if desired.
- Allow icing to harden. Enjoy!
LET US KNOW WHAT YOU THINK!
Did we miss any information? Are you excited to try this recipe? Leave a comment down below telling us your thoughts and what recipes you would like to see next.
THE BEST RECIPES!
Here you can see other delicious recipes to prepare and share!
KNOW SOMEONE WHO SHOULD READ THIS?
Share this piece with your friends across all social media platforms! Don't forget to tag @ZulayKitchen and #kitchenhappiness!