If you want to spice up your lattes then you should try a latte that has literal spice in it! Introducing Poonam Patel's Lemongrass-Ginger-Masala Chai Latte. It may sound a little bit overwhelming, but with the right tools, you can surely make this drink with ease. As what Poonam Patel said, "Lemongrass - Ginger - Masala Ginger Latte can be enjoyed anytime of the day & can be enjoyed piping hot or luke warm." Hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do!
This delicious recipe is from our friends on Instagram @the.spice.guru!
- 1 tbsp loose indian tea
- 1/4 tsp chai masala (if you want it a little spicy add 1/2 tsp)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1.25 cup milk
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 5 inch of lemongrass green leaf or 2 inch of stem
- 5 inch of green ginger leaf or 1 tbsp ginger paste
KITCHEN PRODUCT USED
- In a saucepan, add 1/2 cup water. As the water begins to come to a boil.
- Add in tea, sugar and boil for around 1 min.
- Add in lemongrass and ginger stem & boil for couple of mins.
- Add in 1/2 cup milk and bring to a boil.
- Using a tea strainer, pour this chai concentrate into a tall mug.
- Rinse the saucepan & add the rest of the milk - bring to a boil
- Once boiled, use a milk frother to create a generous amount of froth for the latte.
- Once frothed, pour in the milk at the bottom of the saucepan into the chai concentrate & use a spoon to scoop up the froth to build the foam head of the latte.
- Lastly, sprinkle on a light dusting of chai masala on top & garnish with some fresh lemongrass and green ginger.